Wednesday, April 9, 2008

CLEVELAND!!!

I am headed to Cleveland tomorrow with Tyler. I am very excited, even though I generally dislike Cleveland. To me, there are 3 amazing things about Cleveland. 1. The West Side Market (http://www.westsidemarket.com) 2. Tommy's Restaurant, (http://tommyscoventry.com/) and 3. Carrie and Alex.

food stand that has the BEST enchiladas and shrimp If you have even a small appreciation for food and cooking, you have to go to the West Side Market. It's like what the Broadway Market should be. It's worth the 3 hour drive. It's a HUGE building filled with every kind of food you can think of. Seriously, think of a food. Something odd. Yup, they have it. And you can spend $20 and have enough produce for a month. There's this one Mexican stand that has the best enchiladas and shrimp ceviche.
Then, while you're there, go to Tommy's, which is no where near the market, but also worth it. There are things on the menu there that I never would have guessed I would have liked (um, peanut butter grilled cheese, anyone?) but everything is delicious. It caters to vegan/vegetarian, but there's meats as well.

And Carrie and Alex, well, you have to know them I guess. ;-)

1 comment:

SJB said...

Ah Cleveland. Birthplace of the "steamer". good luck! I hope they hit the middle.